Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day

It's Fathers Day and I lay here in bed listening to my wife and kids scurrying around in the kitchen making a big breakfast. They hope it will bring joy to my heart and a smile to my lips, for it is my special day. I am left in bed to rest and enjoy the solitude of a "quiet and care free morning".

I will do my best, to do my duty, to not think of those things that cause a father to lay awake at night worrying about the world his children will inherit from the likes of his fellow fathers. I will stifle the seething contempt and anger that I have for the greedy sociopath CEOs, the lazy thinkers and corrupt corporate politicians that have threatened the future of my children and destroyed the country I love. I will smile, kiss and hug my wife and kids revel in the love of my family. For to day is Fathers Day, and I will do my part to make my family feel loved and appreciated as they deserve.

But come Monday .......

CD
LGMC

No comments:

Post a Comment